Sunday, August 3, 2008

International X

Japanese Mulder
And Italian Scully
Are great fun to watch.

I’ll come clean, even if it makes me a geek: I love The X-Files. I own all nine seasons on DVD and have started watching them all from Season One. Among the special features are international clips. That’s right. One can watch selected scenes as dubbed for international audiences. I’m not sure that logically I should find it as amusing and enjoyable as I do, but I simply do. It’s always interesting to see what kind of voice the characters end up with. The Japanese Mulder is surprisingly tough-sounding while Japanese Scully has a more similar tone to Gillian Anderson’s voice (well, within reason, I suppose). But the German Scully? Smoky and sexy. Haha!

1 comment:

Sonya said...

HA! Without that geekiness, the rest of us would lack a great deal of daily Haiku entertainment!