Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Knightwear

The Dark Knight tonight.
I miss the batsuit that had
Fewer bits and seams.

Am I the only one who longs for a simpler "look" to his costume?


As an update to yesterday's post, the hair gel did work quite well, but the odd little gel paper had its drawbacks. When wetting the paper and obediently rubbing my hands together, the result was some nice gel and then a sort of thick gummy stuff where the paper had been sitting. That thicker bit was surprisingly difficult to wash away, might I add. I'm sure it's all about finding the balance between not enough water (my situation this morning) and too much.

But the question remains: Do we REALLY need our gel (or our shampoo or our soap) to come in little two-inch sheets? I doubt it.

3 comments:

Sonya said...

OK, wait a minute. All you have to say about the movie is you didn't like his suit?

Really? Hairgel was more interesting to you? Sigh. It's like you're a complete stranger all of a sudden.

Jerome said...

Ha! I just thought that on the haiku site, which is theoretically about brevity, I wouldn't get into too terribly much.

I thought the movie was great, though there are smallish things that sort of bug me about the "new franchise". One is their handling of Bruce's character, another is Batman's voice/lips, another is Two-Face's face (on that count, I think they're in jeopardy of making his face too silly in a movie that's not about being silly), and finally the "Oh, you don't like the suit I gave you last time? Well I have something better that I didn't tell you about..." moment. I think it just barely stayed on this side of the curse of the "first after" sequel, which is putting too much content into the film.

Little things I found intriguing? The barely referenced daughter of Commissioner Gordon (presumably Barbara, though she wasn't named, who in the comics later became Batgirl and then, after injured, Oracle ... see the big computer, as well), the choice not to tell us exactly what that gas in the bank did to the people (remember the gas from the comics, old TV show, and previous Batman movie had a distinct effect as it killed), and the Joker never telling us where he really got those scars (my theory is that he did it himself for "fun").

All of that said -- and before anyone lynches me -- I thorougly enjoyed the movie and it will undoubtedly find its way into my collection.

Is THAT good enough for you, Miss Bossypants?

Anonymous said...

Now was that so hard?

Miss Bossypants.