Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Antique Brass

David Cook's mother,
What are you doing sneaking
Into his spotlight?

So I don't particularly care for David Cook, but betwixt the two of them, I suppose I'm glad he won. Why, oh why are the winners' chosen songs so freaking schmaltzy and sappy? They're always these big, "Oh, my dream has finally come true," songs. Hey, here's an idea. They could just sing a song that's good and stands on its own.

In any case, Sonya will be glad the season's over so she doesn't have to read any more updates here.

Of course,
So You Think You Can Dance starts tomorrow, and thanks to Melanie, I have come to enjoy it, too. Yeesh. I guess it will help fill the void formed as every show on North American television holds its season finale this week.

5 comments:

Sonya said...

Ok, I barely get through yelling "Hallelujah" when thanks to Melanie, my summer has now just been ruined as well. Great.

Jerome said...

Hey. If you watched, you'd be able to take part in the conversation.

You might actually like it. (Goodness knows I doubted it until she made me watch a few episodes.)

Sonya said...

Yes, you're right, that's all I need is more brain dead TV to watch instead of having a life. Thanks.

Jerome said...

If you come down and watch it with me, does that make it a social outing?

Sonya said...

TV somewhere else TOTALLY counts as a social outing!!!