Friday, July 18, 2008

Vacation Destination?

Intercourse Village
Sounds like a fun place to go
With VERY close friends.

Ha! Can you believe there’s actually a place called the Village of Intercourse in Pennsylvania? It’s even better that the town’s slogan is “Slow Down the Hurry!” Interesting that they replaced its old name, Cross Keys. The wee pamphlet gives three possible, but unconfirmed reasons for the name, all of which avoid the obvious. It also points out that the movie Witness was filmed there.

This was backdated to the time that I actually wrote it, but had no internet where I was. (See dullgloomy if you want to know what was up...)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Yes, I purchased a number of postcards from there when I visited years ago. My Mother really enjoyed hers! lol

Anonymous said...

Also, I find it amusing that you had posted this Haiku before I texted you about it (as I'm only reading this now for the first time) - ha!

Jerome said...

I almost went to the Little League Museum to get you a postcard from there, but realized I might actually have to pay $5 and go through the whole place dedicated to something about which I couldn't care less to get it. Sorry. Maybe next time, anonymous.

Anonymous said...

Geesh, I wish I had read this before I mailed yours this morning...

Jerome said...

But remember, you DO get random postcards anyway.