Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Delightful Find

What is the logic
Of putting Turkish Delight
Among worldwide soups?

I went to the trusty Bulk Barn to get my Turkish Delight fix and was having trouble locating my trusty vice. Where, oh where could it be?

Among the gummy-styled treats (where I found it on my last visit)? No.

Among the licorice and soft-sweets like "Nibs"? No.

Among the hard candies and mints? No.

Among the chocolate and yoghurt-covered treats? No.

Finally I was forced to ask if there was some secret stash of my beloved Turkish Deight, and was led directly to it.

Silly me. Of course it would be found among the Thai soup mix, Indian soup mix, and mixed vegetable flakes. When I think of Turkish Delight, those things come immediately to mind! My guess is they saw, "Turkish" and went, "INTERNATIONAL FOODS!"

Yeesh.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Hahahahaha!

Sean Newbury said...

So are you a fan of the pink rosewater ones or yellow bergomont ones? Personally I could never choose...