Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Case of Mistaken Identity?

I'm stuck in a rut?
The A&W girl
Doesn't even ask.

That's right. I've become one of those people who is so consistent and predictable that the girl at A&W doesn't even ask what I'd like any more. She sees me walk in, punches in the order, and we just talk about other things.

Like tonight she asked how I was doing and I said, "Sort of tired. It was a twelve-hour day at work," to which she inquired, "Are you still at
That's Entertainment?"

"I've never worked there," quoth I.

She was a little thrown by that. And a little embarassed.

"All this time, I thought you were a guy from there. There's a guy there who looks just like you!"

I should go there more often and see if I have a doppelganger. Unless
I am the doppelganger!

And I don't even go to A&W all that often!

2 comments:

Sean Newbury said...

That's an interesting dilemma.. who IS the Doppleganger...

I have to say I am an enquiring mind....

Anonymous said...

Wow. I don't know if I should laugh or be completely depressed for you...

s